Thursday, June 28, 2012

New item updated - Chambray Cropped Top

New updates for the shop.
I am trying my best to make at least 1 new style every week for the shop, since the shop has just started to launch and alot of listings is somewhat important.
This week Im using Chambray for the cropped top pattern.


The top wasn't derived from any companies' pattern. I drafted it out on a piece of drafting paper in accordance with my measurements.
The collar and the sleeve cap was sewn with back-stitches, attached with interfacing (im using cotton interfacing) to strengthen the whole structure and maintain the shape.

 The interesting part is the hem, I hemmed them using blind stitches. And it is very very durable amazingly. The technique requires you to catch little threads of the fabric itself only and yet when I tried to pull it to test the strength, it is holding the hem very strongly! And Im using white thread for the hems, as chambray is a woven material with blue and white dyes, the white thread is very invisible on the top.

Do note that for production, I will be using machine-stitching for the side seams of the top, whereas the collar, sleeve and hem will be hand-stitched.

The top is allowed for minor alteration on the sleeve length, it is recommended that you request for shorter length if your universal size is M and below. I will then alter the length of the top foe you in variant of the sleeve length.

The sleeveless version of the top will be coming soon!

Besides Etsy, you can now also visit my new selling venue at CraftCafe:

Retailing at USD39.00

Please support handmade!

No comments:

Post a Comment